Thursday, November 18, 2010

American Thanksgiving Holiday

Last year of November "Tatay Tony" told us in his e-mails that he was very busy as a Chef in Arizona USA preparing for the Holiday. I thought it was the preparation for the coming Christmas Season. After it he mailed me again that the busy days were over because the Holiday was already celebrated. Big question flashed my mind? "It was still November and the holiday was over?" I really had to ask him what holiday was it. Now, I can relate to this grand thanksgiving holiday and I know that Americans will be celebrating it again this coming Thursday.
I also searched more about this Thanksgiving that the Americans were Celebrating
Beginning with George Washington in 1789, annual presidential proclamations had declared the last Thursday of November as the Thanksgiving date. However, in 1941, a United States Congressional declaration officially designated the fourth Thursday of November as the date of the Thanksgiving holiday.
To my American friends may you enjoy your celebration. God Bless America!

No comments: